Sunday, July 4, 2010

Arrival


Arrived in London on Friday morning and things have been super action-packed. On Friday we got our room assignments and then in the afternoon we went on a "neighborhood" walk, which turned out to cover a wider area than I had anticipated. It was great to be able to get an Oyster Card (transport card) that day and to see some of the sights. On Saturday I went on a walk all over London to visit churches, including St. Paul's and Westminster Abbey. In the evening some friends and I went to get pizza and to walk along the Thames. On Sunday I visited the British Museum on my own and then went on a group walk to the Tate Modern and the National Gallery. Although everything is exciting, I am experiencing sensory overload, so it is hard to take in everything.

Tomorrow is the first day of class and we are scheduled to visit the St.Paul's Cathedral Library. I am looking forward to visiting, and to climbing the staircase used in the Harry Potter films. I also want to visit King's Cross Station to see Platform 9 3/4.

Photo depicts Westminster Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment